Tuesday 29 July 2014

Gem and Jo's Polish Picks

It's that time again! (What time you may ask). The time when we let you know what we've been wearing on our nails! Here's our nail polish picks of the week:

Jo's pick:

So this week I decided to go for something a bit more classic (but still with a fun summer twist) and try out No7's Gel-Look Shine Nail Colour in the shade Hotting Up. This is a beautiful blue toned pinky-red nail polish. 



The great thing about this nail polish is the shine it gives off (even with out a topcoat!). It really is amazing and to be perfectly honest I think this is one of the best gel-look polishes I've tried in terms of shine. The consistency is quite thick (but not gloopy) and adds a nice layer to the nail, which gives the effect of gel nails. The staying power is great too and doesn't chip easily at all.


This nail polish is more towards the higher end of nail polish prices at €9.99, however due to the quality of the nail polish I think it's well worth it. Plus this classic summer red is sure to be used time and time again.
View all other shades and buy it here

Gem's Pick:
This weeks polish is brand new to my collection and it was an absolute bargain! It came in a set of 4 polishes for just €2.50 from Primark, (Penney's for the Irish folk). It's part of the P.S. Love collection and they have a ton of seriously gorgeous shades, all of which I may or may not have bought...

This shade is called Magenta and is fabulous in and out of the bottle! Most shockingly for me, it is the only bottle in the box which is matte. (Which isn't stated on the box) I didn't even know until I applied it last night! The great thing about matte varnishes is they dry super fast, and because they dry matte you can tell when they're ready for the next coat! 

As pretty and unusual as this polish is, I've only had it on my nails since last night and it has already chipped. It seems to just come off in flakes which makes me really sad. However this could either be due to the fact that it was really inexpensive or that it is a matte varnish, I'm not too sure... Either way I love the colour and the finish is fabulous. Maybe an investment in some matte top coat would prolong this polish!!
P.s. this colour makes even Ginger Gem look tan! This polish can be bought from most Primark stores across Ireland, take a look at their website Here

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this post.
Until next time,
XO Gem and Jo

1 comment:

  1. I love both of those shades but especially the No. 7 one. I have a voucher for money off so I may have to have a look at that range!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...