Wednesday 10 September 2014

Gem and Jo Take on H&M Face Masks


While we were out and about in Dublin city center yesterday we popped into H&M for a little look and we saw a whole rack of face masks that looked super interesting and in the wise words of Macklemore "It was 99 cents!" (i.e. the face masks cost just 99 cents, hello bargain!).
We picked up 3 different masks to try, one for each of us and one for Jo's sister, Jenny!

First off we used Clarin's Gentle Peeling smooth away cream, to get rid of any residual makeup and whatnot!

Afterwards our faces were super smooth and ready to receive those gorgeous smelling H&M face masks!
Jo's Pick:
So my pick was a raspberry smoothie pore cleansing mask and boy does it smell good! I applied this all over my face, avoiding the eye and mouth area and waited for it to dry for about 10-15 minutes. I then rinsed it off with a facecloth and warm water and then marveled at how soft my face was.
I think this mask really did it's job and at only 99 cents, I will definitely be re-purchasing! Also the smell of it made it a real pleasure to have on my face.

Gem's Pick:

Right, so I picked a cucumber peel off mask because I really liked the idea of it peeling off my face! Yes I am that childish. Anyway this mask smells good, does good and feels good. All that for just 99 cents seems to good to be true, right? Nope, it is the utmost truth and I think everyone should buy these masks so they can revel in the amazing feeling these masks give you!
The cucumber really soothed my skin after a long day of wearing makeup and the fact that it peeled off meant every piece of grime was gone from my skin. Like Jo I left my mask on for 10-15 minutes until it was dry, some parts were still a little wet but that's because I piled it on! A thin layer would dry pretty quick if you weren't willing to sit still that long!

Jenny's Pick:

Jenny picked a grapefruit deep pore cleansing mask which funnily enough was bright green when she put it on her face! Now Jenny has quite sensitive skin and this mask stung a little at the very beginning but before long the stinging had stopped and she felt it was actually quite comforting. Like Jo's this mask had a creamy texture but a cooling effect on the skin which she said was very refreshing!

We had a little competition going on as to who would laugh first and crack their mask before the 10 minutes was up and with the lot of us singing Backstreet Boys and 5ive, it was tough but we stuck it out and in the end had wonderfully soft and supple faces!

We definitely recommend these face masks and will 100% be going back for some more! You can find them at H&M stores.
Check out their website here
Thanks for reading, as always and let us know if you have ever tried these face masks, or any other brands in the comments below!
Until next time,


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...