Monday 8 September 2014

Gem and Jo's Polish Picks

It's that time again! Here are our polish picks for this week!
Gem's Pick:
                                   
So this week I decided to stray from the blues that I usually wear and try a green instead. The green varnish I'm wearing is from Primark and was part of a set of 4 nail varnishes which were only €2.50 from the P.S. range!! I thought it was a brilliant bargain until I used the polishes. Unfortunately for all you girls out there who love a bargain, I am sad to say that when it comes to polish, the more expensive, the better the quality. 
                        
First off, it takes about 5 layers of polish for this to become opaque and even then its not total cover. And to make this worse, it seems to take forever to dry! You need about 3 hours to apply it and after all your hard work and dedication to making dinner with your elbows to avoid ruining your nails, the varnish just cracks anyway. I love the colour of this polish but the formula is just poop.                     
                                
I applied a layer of Topshop's Mermaid holographic nail polish to my ring finger for a bit of sparkle and thankfully it stopped the Primark polish from chipping. 
To be honest, these pictures (and any others I took) don't show the true colour of this polish, it's more of a Kelly green than a mint. It just doesn't seem to photograph very well. 
I would love to be able to recommend every nail polish I use to everyone, however we all know that there are a few dud ones out there and this just happens to be one of them. The only recommendation I would give this polish is for parents who want a first time polish for their little kids to try. It comes off easily and doesn't stain your nails so it would be perfect for kids who aren't allowed nail polish in school. 
You can get it from Primark stores, check out their website Here

Jo's Pick:
This week I decided to go down the green route as well and painted my nails using Barry M's nail paint in the colour Mint green (way to be creative with the names there, Barry M!). This is a really pretty, creamy mint green colour (as you might have guessed from it's name!).  


This nail polish gives off a really pretty shine which I love about it and it is super opaque after only two coats. It does however take a little long to dry compared with some other fast drying nail polishes but that's not much to ask since it really lasts for a long time on the nails. I tend to be really hard on my nails,but this didn't chip easily at all. I was actually super impressed. 


You can find Barry M nail paints in Boots for  about €4.59, in the UK and Ireland. Unfortunately I don't believe that you can purchase this in the US but hopefully they'll rectify this soon. Check out Barry M's website here.

So there you have it our lovelies, our polish picks of the week. Let us know what you think in the comments below, and as always thanks for reading!
Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...