Thursday 12 February 2015

Gem and Jo's Valentine's Polish Picks

To go along with our Valentine's eye shadow looks we decided to keep up the trend and show you guys our Valentine's Day polish picks. 
We would like to point out that we were approximately 163Km apart when we painted our nails, it was a very strange coincidence that we happened to do practically the same pattern! Weird best friend telepathy going on up in here!
Gem's Pick
You will never guess how much I paid for this polish! Never!! What's that? You wanna know how much I paid? Okay then, are you ready? Are you ready for this jelly?
Here it comes....
I paid 50c!!
And the best part? It's a matte polish!!!!! I love Primark!

I only applied one coat of the matte grey/purple shade because if you apply any more it tends to crack way more easily. One coat is plenty anyway as it gives a fully opaque look which is what we all strive for, am I right? 
The formula is a little thick and getting it to cover your entire nail without streaking is a bit of a challenge but hard work pays off! 

I added a matte top coat from H&M to seal the deal before I added a little purple heart on my accent nail to give the look some Valentines feels! If you look at this picture close enough you can tell my heart is god awful and I cannot paint freestyle for my life. Ah well, everyone loves a trier, right? (Is that the right saying? It doesn't sound right...oops!)
Jo's Pick

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret, but before I do please no judgement. I personally am not a big fan of pink. I know I know, I'm practically betraying Barbie herself here, but who says you need to be covered head to toe in pink to show a little Valentine's spirit?
So for my Valentine's day nails, I chose to be a little different (or so I thought until I saw Gemma's nails and realized that we  must actually share a brain!). I first painted a coat of Topshop's Easy Peasy on all but my middle finger. This polish is great, has fantastic staying power and brilliant shine. 
Next to jazz them up a little and add a wee bit of Valentine's flair, I painted my middle finger with this pretty purple pink colour from Primark, which I purchased for €2.00. I then used a piece of Sellotape to make a love heart stencil on my ring finger. Trés Valentines(y) if I do say so myself. This polish applies really smoothly and has a large brush for easy application. 
This look would be great for anyone who wants to get into the Valentine's Day spirit without dousing themselves in pink sparkles and and red love hearts!

What's your polish picks for this Valentine's Day?
Until next time, 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...