Thursday 20 November 2014

Gem and Jo's Face Of The Day

Lads and Lasses, welcome to another installation of Face of The Day. As usual you shall read about what we decided to chuck on our faces for the day, and boy do we mean chuck. Jo had to be in college super early and Gem was supposed to be up at 9.00am, however getting out of bed at 10.00am made her slightly late. Only slightly. Therefore makeup was chucked. 

Gem's FOTD:
As per usual, I started off with the best foundation ever, Estée Lauder's Double Wear in Shell and powdered using Makeup Rumours pressed powder in Nude. As I was in a little bit of a rush, only an hour or so late at this stage, oops!, I did minimal eye makeup using E.L.F. Cosmetics' Eye enhancing Palette. 

Using the E.L.F. palette I covered up to my brow with 1 as a base colour and I slightly deepened the crease of my eye using 2. Then I patted 3 onto the lid for a pop of colour. I did a tiny cat eye flick using Wet n Wild's H20 Proof liquid eyeliner and swept Estée Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme mascara across my lashes, sweeping them towards the outer corner of my eye for a bit of drama. I gave myself a bit of a glow using Front Cover's blush and shoved some Estée Lauder lip gloss on before legging it out of the house. 



Jo's FOTD:

So I had to be in college today for 8.30 this morning, which meant having to get up at 6.45 (disgusting is not the word!). So while I was having seriously withdrawal symptoms from leaving my bed, I went for a look that was quick, easy and didn't require me to be fully awake. I started with Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation and then powdered with Makeup Rumours pressed powder in satin. 
For the eyes I went for a look that could be done with just one palette (no hunting around for loads of single eyeshadows for me this morning!). I decided to go for a purple(y) look using MACs bare my soul eyeshadow quad from their temperature rising collection. I started with 1(temperature rising) all over the lid, I then put 2(performance art) in the outer third of my lid, 3(swelter) in the crease and 4(beauty marked) in the outer corner. I then lined my top lash line with Wet n Wild's  Mega Liner and applied loads of Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide mascara to open up my eyes. To finish the look I swept  Sleek's Blush by 3 in sugar on the apples of my cheeks, dabbed on a bit of Orofluido's lip gloss and put a bit of Benefit's high beam on the tops of my cheek bones to make me look like I was awake (even if I was still in a sleep like trance). I then had myself a serious cup of tea and walked out the door, no longer looking like a zombie!

What is your go to 'in a rush' makeup look?
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...