Saturday 1 November 2014

Gem and Jo's Super Showers

Showers. Pretty much everyone takes them (at least we hope anyway). So we've decided to share with you guys some of the products we have been using in our showers lately and what we think of them. Today it's shampoo and conditioner.
Gem's Selection:

I have a confession to make. I have never (with the exception of Aussie, because, well Aussie doesn't need an explanation.) bought the same shampoo twice. I have a serious obsession with trying a new brand every time I run out. Sometimes I haven't even finished a bottle and I've bought a new one. My name is Gemma and I am a shampoo-aholic. 
Last week I saw the ad on the telly for Herbal Essences Clearly Naked collection. Now I know a ton of people steer clear of Herbal Essences but I personally love them. They have some great scents and a range for nearly every hair type. This particular range is directed to people who don't particularly like putting a ton of chemicals into their hair, and we totally understand that! The fewer chemicals the better. 
This Clearly Naked product is designed to give your hair a nice shine without the feeling of a coating on your hair or any chemicals such as parabens, we've all been there and nobody wants to go back. 
If you know me then you will know about my addiction to mint. Anything mint flavoured, scented or based on mint will be in my possession for sure and this is no different. It has extracts of white tea and mint and smells absolutely divine! This past week I have spent a god-awful amount of time in the shower, lathering this up for a good 10 minutes because it smells so good! I have also gotten a ton of compliments from people who can still smell my shampoo hours after I've washed my hair. Yay!
My opinion on this particular products? A little pricey (€5.29 for the shampoo alone), but that's expected with new products. It's pretty good at giving your hair a nice shine and definitely is up there with my favourite smelling shampoos. 
Will I buy it again? As I said I hardly ever buy the same product twice but if I was in a rush and didn't have time to shift through the others, I would grab this one over some of the others I've tried. 
Buy it from Tesco Here
Check out Herbal Essences Here
In this range there is also Volume, Moisture and Dry shampoo in various scents. 

Jo's Selection:
I have super thick hair, which sometimes I will admit is great. Unfortunately thick hair often goes hand in hand with frizzy hair. Trust me if I don't use good anti-frizz products I end up looking like I've been dragged through a bush backwards... not a good look by anyone's standards (unless you're Edward scissor hands). When it came  time to buy some new shampoo and conditioner I decided to try out Garnier's  Ultimate Blends, The Sleek Restorer products. 
Now, I will admit that what drew me to these babies was the fact that they have coconut oil and cocoa butter in them. I love the smell of coconuts (I'm the kind of girl who will actually shove her head inside a coconut just to experience the amazing waft), and I was not disappointed. This stuff smells amazing. Put this stuff in your hair and you'll free like you've been whisked away to a tropical island filled with white sand and blue water, when in actuality you are still in the comfort of your own shower!
What else is great is that this stuff actually works. I really have noticed that my hair is not the usual ball of frizz I've come to expect but sleeky and shiny. They don't contain parabens either which is always a plus in my books. Be warned though, the shampoo comes out really quickly. I didn't realise this at first and I ended up with a week's supply in my hand. 
My opinion on this product; Smells great, works great and for a pretty darn good price, 2 for €4.00 at boots now. 
Would I buy it again?; I would definitely think of buying this again, In fact it might just end up being my new go to shampoo and conditioner, who knows. 
Buy it from boots here.
Check it out on Garnier's Website here.  

Thanks for reading. Hope you guys enjoyed this post.
What shampoo and conditioner have you been loving lately?
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...