Friday 31 October 2014

Gem and Jo's Polish Picks - Special Edition


Hello, Hóla, Bonjour and welcome to our Special Edition Polish Picks! Not only do we have our usual nail varnish picks of the week, but this time we both got some special top coats that we tried out! Hence the 'Special Edition' title.
Check it out!
Jo's Picks:


I  know what you're thinking, deja vu right? You've seen this Barry M nail varnish in our polish picks before. Don't worry you're not losing it (not just yet anyway), this week I decided to go back to this beautiful shade and pair it with this crazy ombré polish from Catrice cosmetics. One of my little secret obsessions at the moment is ombré, from ombré hair (check) to ombré clothes (check) so I thought the only ombré thing I missing was ombré nails. Then this baby hit the shelves and it was like my little mission was complete. 
So all you do to achieve this ombré look is apply one coat of the polish on top of your nail colour to your middle nail, two coats to your ring finger and three coats to your pinky finger. That's all there is to it! The consistency of the polish is very thin so it can be a bit tricky to apply (as you can probably see by my botched attempt above. It was late, I was tired, I have all the excuses!). You also have to make sure that each coat has dried fully before applying the next coat or the polish can bubble a bit (and nobody got time for that). Apart from that, the nail polish is a bit of fun and can be put over pretty much any light or pastel colour. Red tones and pinks do tend to work a bit better though as the polish itself has a red tint. 

The Polish is great for jazzing up a nice pastel colour and you can find this nail polish anywhere that sells Catrice  for around €3.00 (not too shabby eh?). 
Check it out  on Catrice's website here





Gem's Picks:

   
So back to the blues. Again. I think I have a million shade of blue polish and you guys will get to see them all because I don't have anything else. Kidding! I also have a pink one. 
This week I used Primark's P.S. Love range yet again, this one a deep royal blue colour that actually matches everything in my wardrobe. I also added a Matte top coat that I picked up from H&M a little while ago. If you know me, then you know my obsession with matte everything. 
Matte + royal blue = my life. 
I was hoping that the top coat would provide the polish with a little staying power, but alas I believe this polish cannot be saved. Yet I still wear it. I'm strange. 
The top coat however is absolutley amazing! All you do is paint your nails as you normally would, then once it's dry, add the top coat like any other. Except it dries matte! Magic! 
Any polish made matte. It really is a wonderful invention. 
   
If your like me and painting your nails to any degree of success means you've completed your life's mission, then you would have been super proud. I think I shoved my hand in everyone's face shouting "LOOK AT THEM!!" I was just so happy with the colour, the texture and how I had managed to keep my hand so steady. It was a true Christmas miracle. Except not at all Christmassy. But a miracle none the less. 
Pick this top coat from H&M stories for €3.50
Check out H&M's Nail polish range Here

What nail trend have you been loving lately?
Thanks for reading!Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...