Saturday 25 October 2014

Gem and Jo's Polish Picks - Breast Cancer Awareness Edition

Well, it's been a month since we've done one of these babies! This time we've painted our nails pink, in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is this month (if you couldn't tell from the overall pinkness of the blog)! If you want to know more about breast cancer and how to do self-checks, click on the pink ribbon at the bottom of this post!
Self checks are super important and are really quick and easy. The key to higher survival rates is early detection, so get checking girls (and boys!).
Jo's Pick:
So as it's breast cancer awareness month, pink polish was a must. I chose this beautiful Rimmel  London Salon Pro nail polish in the shade Simply Sizzling. This is a gorgeous cream cerise pink colour. 

I have been super busy with college this past month (up to my chin in assignments, eek!), so I needed a polish that was quick drying so that I wouldn't have to wait ages for it to try before I dived back into the books. This polish really did the trick. It dried amazingly quick and it gives off a gorgeous shine. The polish doesn't chip easily at all either, I'm really hard on my nails (even really good polish hardly lasts a day on my nails), but this one didn't chip until day three of wearing it (which by my standards is amazing!). The application was really easy too and this made the process of painting my nails lightning fast. 

I purchased my bottle from boots for about €5.50 which isn't half bad for the quality of the polish. You can find this in pretty much any drugstore that sells rimmel london cosmetics. They have tons of colours as well so there is loads to choose from for any occasion. 
Check out from Boots here.
Check out on  Rimmel London's website here

Gem's Pick: 
This week I chose Primark's P.S. Love polish in a really pretty coral-pink! I don't have that many varnishes in pink but this one is definitely a favourite of mine, despite it's poor staying power. (Sad face).
 The colour is really pretty and summery (I know, it's autumn. I'm just not ready yet.) and it goes great with everything!  

To add a little something to my nails I painted my ring finger a sparkly pink (I used some drugstore polish that I can no longer find. Damn my blackhole of a bedroom.). In case you don't know, painting one finger a different colour is known as an "Accent Nail" and it is pretty popular among those ole instagrammers! 

 This polish really made me happy because in the last few days everyone has been talking about Autumnal shades and whatnot and I'm just here like "No. Not yet, please not yet!" But alas I cannot slow the coming winter and it is inevitable that this week I will have to break out my heavy jackets. But this polish made me happy and feel summery again. Therefore it shall remain the colour of my nails for as long as I can make it stay. Which is not very long. 
You can find this polish in most Primark stores in Ireland and it was only €2.50 for a pack of 4 different colours. Yay for bargains. 
Find Primark's website Here


As always guys, thanks for reading. We really appreciate each viewer we get!
Until next time,
post signature
Click this ribbon to see
why we've gone pink! > 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...