Saturday 11 October 2014

Gem and Jo's Favourite Eyeshadow Palettes

We love eye shadow, we mean who doesn't? And what better way to have eye shadow then in a pretty little palette! Here's are a little round up of the eye shadow palettes that we love.

Gem's Favourites:
Estée Lauder Christmas 2013 Palette
This palette, although extremely difficult to photograph, is gorgeous and is great for creating night or day looks. It contains both shimmer and matte shadows, which makes it one of my go-to palettes most days. The consistency of the powders is really creamy and they are incredibly easy to blend! I cannot speak highly enough of the Estée Lauder eye shadow range!
When I'm travelling I generally only take this palette with me, it literally suits any occasion and you can create so many diverse looks with just a few of these shades. When I'm stuck I even use the matte brown to fill in my eyebrows! I love to use the shimmery grey to create a subtle, day time smoky eye. As you can probably tell, my favourite are the brightest shades at the top of the palette, they are amazing as base colours and to add a bit of brightness to the inner corner of your eye. 
Check out Estée Lauder's website Here
(Keep an eye out for their Christmas gift set for 2014, they are always gorgeous!)

Ted Baker "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" Palette
This palette was a gift from our good friend Chloe last Christmas and I have loved it ever since. Just like the Estée Lauder palette, this one can create so many different looks. It has neutrals and brights which means you could go for a simple day time look or go wild with a deep blue smoky eye. All the shadows in this palette are shimmery and look gorgeous in the sunlight!
The creamy texture of these powders makes them a pleasure to blend, either together or with another brand. I love to use the brown in the crease of my eye and then I use the light pink to give my look a really feminine feel with the lightest shade giving a hint of brightness in the inner corner. The only thing I would change about this palette is the packaging, it's a strong cardboard but I have to be super gentle when I open it so I don't rip it in half. (No I'm not the Hulk, the packaging is just a little soft)

Take a look at the Ted Baker makeup collection at Boots Here

e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Enhancing Eye shadows
This palette is a lifesaver for those days when you just cannot wake up enough to show it in your eyes. I call it my Monday Palette. Usually when a product says 'eye enhancing' I think "ye right!" but this one does not lie. It seriously makes your eyes seem so much brighter and awake! I love this palette!
Using a combination of nearly all the shadows, I love to create a really bright, yet natural, look that turns my Monday morning gloominess around. The hint of shimmer in each shadow really lifts and opens your eyes to make you seem more awake, even if you are falling asleep in that 9am lecture! I especially love the packaging of this palette, it's sleek, small and sturdy which makes it perfect for in your on the go makeup bag! 
Check out e.l.f. cosmetic's website Here
Jo's Favourites:


 Stila Natural Beauty Eye Shadow Palette
Who doesn't love a neutral eye? It's one of the easiest things to wear and to create and goes with just about everything. I absolutely love this palette and it's one of my go to palettes for an everyday natural eye. It's super rare that you find an eye shadow palette where every eye shadow is actually usable but this one is like a diamond in the rough. Every eye shadow in this palette looks great either by itself or paired together and it contains both matte and shimmer eye shadows. 

The shadows themselves are super pigmented and last a long time on the eye, especially when paired over a eye primer. It's great for travel too, as its super slim and you can create tonnes of looks with it. Seriously just love it. Check Stila's website out here.


Sleek Cosmetic's I-Divine Eye shadow Palette in Au Naturel
I may have a slight problem when it comes neutral eye shadow palettes, but I mean who doesn't need like a dozen? This palette is one of my favourites. The shadows are super de duperly pigmented and really show up on the eye. The palette has great lighter and darker neutrals that can be paired together to create some really great looks. 

This palette also has a variety of matte and shimmer eye shadows and has a great base colour and a matte black colour which would be great to use as an eye liner. Oh and I haven't told you the best thing about this palette. It's only €9.99! I know what you're thinking, "what Jo? All this for only €9.99?". Yes that's right all this for just €9.99 (yeah I know I sound like a crazy television shopping advert). 

 Sleek Cosmetic's I-Divine Eye Shadow Palette in Vintage Romance
After a good ole neutral eye, I loves me a pop of purple and this palette delivers on both the neutral and the purple. This palette has some lovely golden shades and some really great purple shades. Most of the shadows in this palette are shimmery and make for a great glam or night time look. The Palette also has a great matte brownie colour with is great in the crease. 


The shadows in this palette are super pigmented and really last. This is my go to palette when I want to either add a pop of colour to my normal neutral look or when I want to step it up a notch and go for an intense night time look. And..... (drum roll please)... You can get this palette for only €9.99 as well. Check out Sleek's website here. You can also Find Sleek cosmetics on Cloud10beauty.com also from every order placed with Cloud 10 beauty this month, €1 will be donated to the Irish Cancer Society. This way you can get yourself lots of pretty beauty items, and help a good cause all at the same time. Can't get much better than that if you ask us. 
So there you have it, our favourite eye shadow palettes. We'd love to know what you're favourite eye shadow palettes are and if you have any of the ones above. Hope you enjoyed this post and as always thanks for reading.
Until next time, 
Click this ribbon to see
why we've gone pink > 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...