Wednesday 26 November 2014

Gem and Jo's Super Showers. #2


No one likes to be scaly or flaky (We know, gross thought, right?, Unless you're a lizard, in that case more power to you!), So today we decided to scrub a dub dub and show you guys the body scrubs we have been using for the last little while. 


Gem's Selection:
Soap & Glory Pulp Friction Body Scrub. 
Let us take a moment and revel in the wonderous miracle workers know as Soap & Glory. I honestly believe they have secret magic that they use to make all their products. They are that good. This past while I have been using Soap & Glory's Pulp Friction Body Scrub and let me tell you, this is one of the best body scrubs I have ever used. 
The consistency is quite thick, and before you say "ugh, I hate thick products", boy is this one is worth the work! Thick means you loose less down the drain which is always a plus, especially when products are a little on the pricey side and it means you get a good coverage. And that means you smell great everywhere! No spots missing. Whoop Whoop! 
And before you ask, yes you are going to want to put this all over you, it smells incredible. As in I could spend a good 30 minutes in the shower rubbing this in. It contains, wait for it this list is extensive, fig powder, pumice, peppermint oil (One of my life obsessions), lemonade tree liquid, orange waterjuice and vitaminballs. And that's not all! The fragrance contains frozen yuzu, orange oil, green fig, and jungle pomelo essence. 
Now I haven't a bogs notion what half of that is (That's Irish talk for "haven't a clue"). BUT altogether it smells amazing! 
I would not recommend using this wonderful stuff on your face, because, 1. its a little harsh for that sensitive face skin you've got and 2. I got in my eyes and you do not want to go there! Pain is not the word, imagine those lovely smelling vitaminballs in your eyeball. Hell. 
Would I buy this product again? I wouldn't particularly go out to buy this, but if I got it in a little set, like I got this one last Christmas, then I would be one happy girlo. 
My opinion on this product? LOVE it! It is well worth the hype and it does wonders for dry skin. 
Check it out here
Buy it here (It's on 3 for 2!! Buy it quick!)


Jo's Selection:
Baylis & Harding french lavender & cassis body smoothing scrub
I recently got this in a gift set and I have got to say this stuff smells amazing! The lavender and cassis scent is so luxurious and is perfect for this time of year. To be honest I'm not totally sure what cassis is but boy does it smell good!(good job cassis). The floral scent isn't too overwhelming as well so it doesn't feel like you're drowning in a pile of lavender. It has the perfect balance and I have been loving using this after a busy day, the scent fills up the shower and really helps me to unwind and de-stress (gotta love lavender for that!). 
   The product itself has more of a gentle scrub texture with very small scrub particles so if you're looking for a something a bit rougher this unfortunately will not do the trick. Fear not though! This works great as more of an all over shower gel with a bit of extra scruby action! The product foams nicely too so that's awesome! Also can I just point out how pretty the packaging is, It would look really nice in any bathroom. 
Would I buy this product again? I wouldn't buy this again if I was looking for a scrub but if I was to get it in a set I would be very happy. I would definitely think of getting this in a set as a present for someone though. Baylis and Harding do really cute and lovely sets that I think would be great as a gift (the holidays are just around the corner!). Speaking of their sets, Debenhams have a load of Baylis and Harding sets on sale at the moment, perfect for stocking up for Christmas. check that out here
Check out Baylis and Harding's website here.

What scrub have you been loving lately?
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...