Friday 21 November 2014

Gem and Jo's Winter Tv Picks


Ahh Winter. What goes great with winter you ask? Why Television of course! Nothing better than sitting on your couch, wrapped in a blanket with a good cup of tea and an excellent programme on the tele. Bliss.

What was that? You don't know what to watch this winter? Don't you worry your pretty little heads, we shall guide you in the right direction!

Gem's Picks:
Stalker
Do not watch this alone. You will be terrified of your own shadow after it. 
This show is centered around Maggie Q's character and a new detective who work together in a unit in the LAPD who focus on catching stalkers. However Maggie Q is being stalked and the new detective is stalking his ex-wife and basically every one is being stalked. Stalking everywhere. 
Despite the overflow of stalking, the show is quite good and has me hooked from the first episode.

Arrow
What a show! Serious plot twists, superheros and hot guys, what more could you want?
My favourite character from the very beginning has been Felicity and this season you get to see a bit more into her past, back story is really important to me! Definitely a good one to watch this season. 

Scorpion
This ones new on the scene and so far it has seriously impressed me. It revolves around a group of misfit geniuses who help the FBI with cases that no one else can solve. Each with their own skills, the team solves everything from the airport landing software malfunction to bombings which no apparent targets. It also includes a woman who helps the geniuses translate the real world and in turn they help her genius son connect with her. Sweet stuff with a bit of action rolled in. 

The 100
If you haven't watched season 1 of this show you should go and do that now, like right now. And if you have watched it, then get yourself caught up on season 2 because it is seriously amazing! Think creepy radiation poisoning, mountain men and action, lots of action. This season is so much creepier and who ever wrote the script either needs a slap or deserves an award, I can't decide. 

The Flash
Supposedly the most watched tv premier on The CW and it is deserving of that title! Think hot geek who rocks abs, runs at super speed and has a desire to help everyone! God he is gorgeous. 
Basically this guy gets struck by lightening and is turned into a superhero, however, said lightening also struck others and they are not so kind hearted. 
Bold people + freaky lightening = supervillains. 
Throw in some dad issues and a best friend who he's in love with and you've got yourself a hit show. Simples.

Jo's Picks
Once Upon A Time
If you know me then you'll know that I am OBSESSED with this show. If you haven't seen this show you need to stop what you are doing right now and go watch it! seriously go!! (actually on second thoughts maybe read to the end of this post and then go). This has had me hooked since season 1. The actors are great and the story line is fantastic. Also this season the characters from frozen are in it (can't get much more wintry than that). I am actually so excited to see how this season turns out. 

The Vampire Diaries
I only recently started watching this so you could say I'm a little late to the party. I wasn't too sure if I was going to like to at first but I am a complete convert. Something is always going on in the show and as soon as you think you have time to catch your breath they throw something else at you. The show is actually really funny too which is something I always appreciate and the whole dark atmosphere really goes well with the dark evenings. Also they have a spin off, The Originals, which I am starting on as soon as I'm all caught up. I pretty much have my winter TV viewing set for the winter with this one!
Grand Designs
Everyone is going to think that I am a middle aged man with this one but you know what, I really don't care. I love this show. Each episode follows the construction of a different house and documents everything that goes right and wrong with the project. What's really cool is that usually they are experimental buildings, like ones build into the sides of hills, or made out of shipping containers or in one of the recent episodes this couple built a floating house! The presenter Kevin McCloud is really funny as well and just makes the show. There's just something really nice about watching this with the family and a nice cup of tea (God I really do sound like a middle aged man!). 

New Girl
New girls is back for another season and I couldn't be happier! It's as funny as ever and Nick is definitely my spirit animal. If you watch it then you'll know what I'm taking about. The Thanksgiving episodes are always hilarious too and I can't wait for it this season! If you need a good laugh sit down watch and laugh your pants off, that's an order solider. And can I just say..."I have a bag of meth in my wardrobe".



What are you watching this winter? 

Until next time, 











*All images are from IMDB. No copyright intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...